If you live in a climate that allows year-round outdoor grilling (lucky you!) or if you’re just uncovering your barbecue for the summer season, it’s important to know how to grill safely. Some rules to keep in mind for your BBQ fun:
• Marinate food in the refrigerator, not on the counter.
• Thaw frozen meat fully before you cook it.
• Never use leftover marinade as a sauce on cooked food; set a portion aside before marinating.
• Keep raw food away from cooked food.
• Place your grill away from your home.
• Keep your grill clean: remove grease buildup and keep trays under the grill clean.