Created by Talia Sukol for Cleveland Clinic Wellness
This miso soup is the perfect antidote to rainy days and winter colds. The light broth and silky tofu will warm your belly and brighten your mood. Pair it with a large green salad chock-full of colorful veggies and you’ve got the perfect anytime meal.
- 2½ tablespoons brown rice miso
- 9 cups of water
- ½ tablespoon seaweed flakes (wakame)
- 1 green scallion, chopped into small circle rounds
- 8 ounces of silken tofu, cut into half-inch cubes
- Yield: 3-4 Servings
- Bring water to a gentle boil and add the miso; stir until mixed.
- Add seaweed flakes.
- Turn down heat to a simmer and cook 5 more minutes until seaweed expands.
- Add tofu.
- Ladle into a bowl and sprinkle a few scallions into each bowl.
Nutrition Info Per Serving:
(2½ cups) 60 calories, 1.5 g total fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 6 g protein, 4 g total carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 0 mg cholesterol, 540 mg sodium