Developed by Sara Quessenberry for Cleveland Clinic Wellness
Quick to prepare, nutritious, and delicious, this dish will please a crowd or make a perfect dinner for two.
Yield: 4 servings
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 shallots, chopped
10 ounces frozen peas
8 leaves fresh mint
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1/4 plus 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
12 ounces medium-large sea scallops
1. In a medium saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add the shallots and cook, stirring often, 3 to 5 minutes, until very tender.
3. Add 1/3 cup water and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and bring to a boil.
4. Stir in the peas, cover tightly, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until the peas are heated through.
5. Pour the mixture into a food processor or blender. Add the mint, lemon zest, and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper. Puree until smooth.
6. Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel. Season them with the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
7. In a medium skillet, heat the remaining tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add the scallops and cook 3 to 4 minutes, until the undersides are golden brown. Turn them and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more, until opaque throughout. Serve with the pea puree.
Calories: 211, Total fat: 8.3 g, Saturated fat: 1.1 g, Protein: 23.5 g, Carbohydrate: 10 g, Dietary fiber: 3.3 g, Sugar: 3.6 g, Added sugar: 0 g, Cholesterol: 45.1 mg, Sodium 522 mg.