Here’s a win-win: Using less electricity at home means reducing the amount of energy needed from power plants, thereby reducing the burning of fossil fuels and the subsequent carbon emissions that harm the environment.
Add to that this fun fact: You’ll save money on your energy bills! Here’s what you can do:
• Swap incandescent light bulbs for energy efficient options.
• Improve your home’s insulation to allow air conditioning and heating systems to work better and use less energy. Plug up any air leaks around doors and windows, in your basement or attic, and around air ducts.
• Shut down computers at night and unplug appliances when they’re not in use. Even turned off, many appliances keep drawing power.
• Turn off lights when you leave the room.
• Wash clothes in cold water; 90% of the total energy used by a typical washing machine is to heat the water!
• Install a programmable thermostat to help save energy (and money!) when you are out of the house or sleeping.
The post Simple Changes at Home Can Save You Money and Help the Planet? appeared first on Stay Well Shop.